Are you interested in pursuing a career in customer service? Unsure of what that may include or whether you’ll enjoy it?
We’ll consider what an apprenticeship in customer service involves, what you’ll learn and where it could take you.
What is customer service?
In short, this is the act of meeting a customer’s needs and desires while they are using the company’s products or services. There are typical characteristics and skills which may benefit someone who wants to pursue a career in customer service, regardless of what industry you enter. These involve a natural politeness, professionalism and personalising the service you provide to each individual.
Babington customer service qualifications
Babington currently offers Customer Service apprenticeships at two qualification levels: Level 2 and Level 3. The apprenticeships will be split into units and at an overview will cover topics such as:
- Developing relationships with customers and resolving customer service issues (Level 2)
- Using social media to deliver customer service online (Level 2)
- Learning the principles of business; understanding how to resolve customer issues & retain customers (Level 3)
- Manage the use of technology and social media to improve customer service (Level 3)
Need support with filling in an application form?
Download our resource now.
Customer service career options
Customer service is a skill which can be applied to any job and is applicable across all industries and professions. After gaining your qualification in customer service, you can therefore decide whether you’d like to:
- Develop your customer service skills further by completing the Level 3 qualification.
- Join a customer service team in a company of your choice.
- Use your skills to enhance another position, which may include working in retail, hairdressing or hospitality.
Visit our Customer Service apprenticeship page to find out more about what the course involves and what qualifications you will achieve.