Who We Are
Founded in 1974, Babington provides high-quality training across a growing number of sectors, from accounting to hairdressing. At Babington, our mission statement is “to inspire everyone to realise their full potential by providing training and opportunities to improve quality of life, and thereby create a better future.”
Babington has a unique collaborative culture in which the senior team instils an open, honest and people orientated ethos to encourage a real sense of belonging. This creates a common sense of purpose around developing the future careers of young adults across the UK.
Babington’s people are central to the success of all of our services and products. This is achieved through the group’s people orientated culture, which seeks to promote development, innovation and best practice.
As part of the group’s focus on developing its own people, Babington introduced an advanced talent management programme, which has been integrated into the business plan. The aim of this is to aid the identification of staff with the right skill sets and to nurture internal talent with a view to filling key management and leadership positions in the future.
What We Do
From those looking to build exciting careers, to employers seeking to develop a skilled and knowledgeable workforce, we offer the opportunity for real growth. Between 2009 and 2016, we grew from 65 to almost 350 staff members, worked with 2,000 new employers, and supported more than 14,000 learners to achieve a qualification.
We support people at all stages of their careers to progress further. Whether it’s getting a foot in the door or advancing into senior management, we’re here to help.
We’ve worked with over 2,000 employers, from Boots to Experian, to introduce and nurture new talent. Our tailored support brings value to organisations by helping them reach their biggest goals.
Seeing the big picture
At Babington, we take a comprehensive approach. We work with employers, and those at all points of their career path, to provide the following:
- Traineeships: designed to help young people (16-24) develop the skills needed to succeed in the workplace.
- Study programmes: these enhance future employment prospects by focusing on the specific training needs of the individual.
- Apprenticeships: offering real industry experience alongside nationally recognised qualifications to kick-start successful careers.
- Professional courses: helping aspiring and existing professionals within a range of industries take the next step up the career ladder
- Bespoke training: we work with a wide variety of employers to meet their training needs, whether it’s recruiting new apprentices or developing current members of staff
Gender Pay Gap (GPG) Report
Babington provide training for a range of professional service sectors to enable learners to gain professional qualifications within their industry sector, with a workforce demographic that is 64.8 % female.
Babington is a private equity owned. We are committed to diversity and inclusivity across our business, and we aim to be an employer of choice within the learning and training sector.
This has been an amazing opportunity for me, where I’ve gained hands on experience and worked towards a qualification in Residential Sales.
I’d recommend the AAT training through apprenticeship route to any young budding Accountant.
The apprenticeship programme was a fantastic opportunity to carry on studying whilst gaining valuable work experience.
This apprenticeship has boosted my confidence massively after speaking to so many people over the phone, including customers and insurance experts.
The course was very interesting, and I can even drive a forklift truck now. I am really glad I started the apprenticeship!
The apprenticeship has given me real courage to create my own dishes, and the qualification has given me essential background knowledge.
How We Work
At Babington, we don’t just offer training and qualifications. We aim to be the best in the industry, holding ourselves to impeccable standards.
Always at the forefront of innovation, Babington is a pioneer of the apprenticeship programme, with the first accountancy apprentice in the country, and the first insurance apprentice in the north of England.
We have continued to stay ahead of the game, most recently with our innovative online learning programmes. Through our advanced virtual learning environment BabingtonOnline, we are able to make many of our courses more accessible to those who find it difficult to attend a class.
Delivering courses online also means we are helping the environment by cutting down on the use of printed materials.
Building a national footprint
We are a national provider, supported by an established regional presence of ten training centres. Our centres allow us to specialise in different subject areas, and become a well-recognised part of local communities in different parts of the country.
Making the UK more employable
We work with young people across England to increase employability through personalised training and skills development. Through our traineeships and study programmes, we have helped numerous individuals, many from disadvantaged backgrounds, to reach their full potential through new and exciting opportunities.
We pride ourselves on being widely recognised for our achievements.
Some of our recent achievements are:
- Ofsted Grade 2, with ‘outstanding’ features for teaching in accounting and financial services
- Success rates above the national average
- Best Companies ‘Ones to Watch’ 2019 accreditation
- Cyber Essentials Plus Certification
- ISO 27001 Information Security Standard Certification
At the heart of achieving excellence is our ‘Big Push’, seven values that are intrinsic to the way we work. These are:
- Boundary-pushing: mediocrity is not an option, and we will raise the bar in all we do
- Inspiration for every learner and Babington employee to reach their potential to be the best
- Growth of our business, skills and abilities
- Passion for people, lifelong learning and performance
- Understanding of our people and your business is what makes the difference
- Success for all is our mission
- Highest quality throughout every interaction and all we do