Who We Are
Founded in 1974, Babington provides high-quality training across a growing number of sectors, from accounting to technology. At Babington, our mission statement is ” to be globally recognised as a valued and trusted partner unlocking potential through a bold passion for learning”.
Babington has a unique collaborative culture in which the senior team instils an open, honest and people orientated ethos to encourage a real sense of belonging. This creates a common sense of purpose around developing better futures for people.
Babington’s people are central to the success of all of our services and products. This is achieved through the group’s people orientated culture, which seeks to promote development, innovation and best practice.
As part of the group’s focus on developing its own people, Babington introduced an advanced talent management programme, which has been integrated into the business plan. The aim of this is to aid the identification of staff with the right skill sets and to nurture internal talent with a view to filling key management and leadership positions in the future.
What We Do
From those looking to build exciting careers, to employers seeking to develop a skilled and knowledgeable workforce, we offer the opportunity for real growth. Between 2009 and 2016, we grew from 65 to almost 350 staff members, worked with 2,000 new employers, and supported more than 14,000 learners to achieve a qualification.
We support people at all stages of their careers to progress further. Whether it’s getting a foot in the door or advancing into senior management, we’re here to help.
We’ve worked with over 2,000 employers, from Boots to Experian, to introduce and nurture new talent. Our tailored support brings value to organisations by helping them reach their biggest goals.
Seeing the big picture
At Babington, we take a comprehensive approach. We work with employers, and those at all points of their career path, to provide the following:
- Traineeships: designed to help young people (16-24) develop the skills needed to succeed in the workplace.
- Study programmes: these enhance future employment prospects by focusing on the specific training needs of the individual.
- Apprenticeships: offering real industry experience alongside nationally recognised qualifications to kick-start successful careers.
- Professional courses: helping aspiring and existing professionals within a range of industries take the next step up the career ladder
- Bespoke training: we work with a wide variety of employers to meet their training needs, whether it’s recruiting new apprentices or developing current members of staff
How We Work
At Babington, we don’t just offer training and qualifications. We aim to be the best in the industry, holding ourselves to impeccable standards.
Our purpose is developing better futures. This is a statement that speaks widely to all our customers, learners, employees and stakeholders. In particular:
Customers: We will work hard to partner with all of our employer customers to develop their people and their organisational drivers around the skills agenda.
Learners: At the heart of what we do – we will develop better futures for the learners that we support whether they are employed or unemployed.
Employees: We are a business that relies on the people who we employ and a key focus for us is to be an employer of choice and develop better futures for everyone who works for us, through development, job satisfaction, recognition, reward and career opportunity
- We will be relentless in pursuing a consistent personal customer experience with a passion to make it effortless for you.
- We have great people, doing great things to achieve great results.
- Our curiosity and agility drive us to be brave and different.
- We bring imagination and expertise to regulatory environments where things are always changing.
- We constantly challenge ourselves to think differently about learning for the shared benefits of our customers, our people and our stakeholders.
- Together we will be courageous to build a legacy and a better future for everyone.
We believe that doing things in the right way is critical to us developing the culture and behaviours that will enable us to meet our vision and deliver on our purpose. As a business, we will be focused on the values below and will align the recruitment and performance management of our people to actively encourage and champion these values. As a leadership team, we will actively call out positive examples of these values and seek to demonstrate these wherever possible:
Brave – We are brave and challenge the status quo, embracing different and change.
Caring – We do the right thing and are committed to working together collaboratively.
Curious – We are constantly curious, actively finding out how things work and why exploring how we may do things differently to succeed.
Determined – We are driven to ensure we achieve and take accountability for our results
Passionate – We are passionate about delivering the highest quality of service to build a legacy of excellence.
Trusted – We are passionate about delivering the highest quality of service to build a legacy of excellence.
Some of our recent achievements are:
- Ofsted Grade 2, with ‘outstanding’ features for teaching in accounting and financial services
- Success rates above the national average
- Best Companies ‘Ones to Watch’ 2019 accreditation
- Cyber Essentials Plus Certification
- ISO 27001 Information Security Standard Certification
Our aim is to transform the way in which we deliver our services to our customers and learners and provide a consistent and differentiated experience that delivers on our purpose, our mission and our values.
We will drive a customer-focused approach in everything that we do and really ensure that this permeates throughout the whole business. In order to do this, we will deliver relentlessly on our new.
We are so committed to our mission we want to ensure that our promise is real so that you can say:
– Babington are curious about my needs as a customer– You truly understand me!
– You have made my experience memorable from my welcome and throughout my journey
– I feel I receive a timely personalised service that is relevant to my organisation and my expectations
– You have provided effortless ways for me to give feedback and in a way that works for me
– You have been clear to me about what I can expect, and you have delivered what you committed to.
– We trust your expertise and we know that you do the right thing for us
– You will positively challenge if there is a better way to do things
– You cared to provide the right advice and guidance with clear direction for the future
– You make your processes simple and easy so that it is effortless for us
In exchange what we would ask you to do for us:
– Give us honest and open feedback when we get I right or when we don’t hit the mark so that we can constantly improve what we do
– If you have had a great experience tell your colleagues and partners about it so they can experience it too
– Continue to progress your learning journey with us in to develop better futures
Gender Pay Gap (GPG) Report
Babington provide training for a range of professional service sectors to enable learners to gain professional qualifications within their industry sector, with a workforce demographic that is 64.8 % female.
Babington is a private equity owned. We are committed to diversity and inclusivity across our business, and we aim to be an employer of choice within the learning and training sector.
This has been an amazing opportunity for me, where I’ve gained hands on experience and worked towards a qualification in Residential Sales.
I’d recommend the AAT training through apprenticeship route to any young budding Accountant.
The apprenticeship programme was a fantastic opportunity to carry on studying whilst gaining valuable work experience.
This apprenticeship has boosted my confidence massively after speaking to so many people over the phone, including customers and insurance experts.
The course was very interesting, and I can even drive a forklift truck now. I am really glad I started the apprenticeship!
The apprenticeship has given me real courage to create my own dishes, and the qualification has given me essential background knowledge.