Your CIMA Professional Qualification will include:
- On-demand digital content
- Personalised learning
- Online and in-person learner engagement
- Bespoke learning materials
- Purpose built learning platform
- Computer-based exams with instant grades
- Dedicated tutor throughout
- Get support via telephone, email or online
CIMA Professional Qualification
With the globally recognised CIMA Professional Qualification, you will be able to qualify as a Chartered Management Accountant. This accounting qualification is designed to give you a deeper understanding of business strategy and management to enable you to take an in-depth, impartial view of an organisation’s finances, and advise on business strategy.
The CIMA Professional Qualification opens doors for you around the world and gives you the opportunity to work in a wide variety of senior roles. The qualification is made up of three levels with sub units. Each unit is assessed by a computer-based exam.
Those looking to qualify as a Chartered Management Accountant
3 – 4 years
CIMA Professional Qualification
What you will learnThis course contains the following levels, which are each made up of individual units:
- Unit E1: Organisational Management
- Unit P1: Management Accounting
- Unit F1: Financial Reporting and Taxation
- Unit E2: Project and Relationship Management
- Unit P2: Advanced Management Accounting
- Unit F2: Advanced Financial Reporting
- Unit E3: Strategic Management
- Unit P3: Risk Management
- Unit F3: Financial Strategy
Key outcomesAfter each level you will be able to:
- Unit E1: Understand the structure and principles underpinning the operational functions of organisations, their efficient management and effective interactions that enable them to achieve their strategic objectives.
- Unit P1: Understand the importance of cost and the drivers of costs in the production, analysis and use of information in decision making. Explore the use of budgeting as a means of short term planning.
- Unit F1: Explain the need for and the process of regulating financial reporting information and discuss the need for and key principles of corporate governance regulation.
- Unit E2: Understand how organisational strategy can be implemented through people, projects, processes and relationships. Providing the basis for developing further insights into formulating and implementing strategies.
- Unit P2: Evaluate techniques for analysing and managing costs as well as understanding how to manage and control units of organisations in line with short terms budgets and long-term strategies.
- Unit F2: Discuss the types and sources of long term finance required to fund the operations of organisations. Understand financial reporting requirements of complex aspects of group accounting and financial analysis to provide insights about performance and position.
- Unit E3: Evaluate external factors that influence a strategy and the process, tools and techniques used in strategy formation enabling organisations to create a vision and direction for growth and long term sustainable success.
- Unit P3: Manage various risks that could adversely affect the implementation of a strategy by being able to analyse, evaluate and apply techniques, processes and controls to manage the risk associated with cash flows and capital investment decisions.
- Unit F3: Formulate and implement a financial strategy to support the overall strategic direction of the organisation.
- Unlimited access to BabingtonOnline, our online learning platform
- Tutor support with regular chat sessions
- Official CIMA course text books
Assessment9 x 90 minute computer-based exams taken at a local assessment centre
3 x 3 hour long computer-based case study exams with four windows available throughout the year
ProgressionAchieving the CIMA Professional Qualification gives you the opportunity to apply for chartered status. You will need to submit an application to CIMA, and once you have passed the requirements, you will become a Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA).
Being a member of CIMA offers many advantages, from unique networking opportunities to CPD support. Standing apart from other accountants, you’ll be a desirable addition to any organisation.
Career pathYou will be eligible for the following roles after qualification: Assistant Finance Manager, Assistant Accountant, Accountant Financial Controller, Financial Manager, Finance Analyst.
PaymentCIMA Professional Qualification:
Operational level £525 (inc VAT) per paper (3 papers in total) £2100 for 3 papers and case study (inc VAT)
Management level £525 (inc VAT) per paper (3 papers in total)
Strategic level £525 (inc VAT) per paper (3 papers in total)
Case study £525 (inc VAT) per level
Please contact a Course Adviser for further information.