AAT Level 4 Professional Diploma in Accounting
(With distance learning option)
The AAT Level 4 Professional Diploma in Accounting is the most advanced level on the AAT qualification route. It covers professional accounting tasks including drafting financial statements, managing budgets, and evaluating financial performance. You’ll also be able to specialise in areas such as tax, auditing, and credit control.
Once you’ve completed the Professional Diploma, you’ll be a fully-qualified accounting technician, with brand new employment and qualification opportunities open to you.
With our distance learning option, you can study the Professional level from the comfort of your own home, and in your own time. You’ll receive plenty of guidance from a qualified tutor, as well as being guided step-by-step through your course on our virtual learning environment BabingtonOnline.
AAT Level 4 Professional Diploma
- 24/7 access to BabingtonOnline (VLE)
- Regular contact with your tutor
- Personal study plan
- Self grading activities
- Video lectures
- Exclusive forums
- Downloadable revision materials
- Practice & mock exams
- Mentor for writing professional report
- Text books (incl. P&P)
My tutor was always available (including Sundays – sorry!) when I needed her, so any obstacles that stood in my way could be easily surmounted.
The course has been very enjoyable, and I am looking forward to studying
at the next level with Babington
Want to find out more or get started?
AAT Level 4 Professional Course Details
- Attend a class
- Learn at your own pace with distance learning (virtual learning environment and tutor support)
- Computer-based exams (instant grades)
- Classroom: Typically 8 hours a week for 18 months*
- Distance learning: 6 to maximum of 12 months
AAT Level 3 Advanced Diploma and/or working within an accounts department
- Management Accounting: Budgeting
- Management Accounting: Decision and Control
- Financial Statements of Limited Companies
- Accounting Systems and Controls
And two of the following:
Business Tax | Personal Tax | External Auditing | Cash and Treasury Management | Credit Management
You’ll be able to
- Complete a limited company’s statutory financial statements
- Interpret financial statements using ratio analysis
- Prepare budgets and income expenditure forecasts
- Measure performance and manage costs
- Prepare performance reports for management
- Write a professional report based on the internal control of an accounting system
- Complete a corporation tax return
- Complete a self assessment tax return
*Please contact an advisor to discuss availability of classroom courses in your area.
Progression after AAT Level 4 Professional
This qualification gives you the opportunity to move on to further studies with CIMA or ACCA (with exemptions from certain modules).
What sort of job could I expect after completing the Professional Diploma?
A common question is “what jobs will I be qualified to perform after completing the AAT Level 4 Professional Diploma”? The list is long and the options varied, but they include the following:
- Accounts Payable and Expenses Supervisor
- Assistant Financial Accountant
- Commercial Analyst
- Cost Accountant
- Fixed Asset Accountant
- Indirect Tax Manager
- Payments and Billing Manager
- Payroll Manager
- Senior Bookkeeper
- Senior Finance Officer
- Senior Fund Accountant
- Senior Insolvency Administrator
- Tax Supervisor
- VAT Accountant
What will my potential salary range be after completing the AAT Level 4 Professional Diploma?
According to AAT’s Salary Survey, you will earn somewhere in between £12,600 and £26,000 upon completion of your AAT Level 4 Professional Diploma studies. Of course, this covers a wide range of salaries, and other things such as your experience and location will have a strong influence on your potential earnings after achieving the qualification.