Your AAT Level 4 Professional Diploma in Accounting will include:
- On-demand digital content
- Personalised learning
- Online and in-person learner engagement
- Bespoke learning materials
- Purpose built learning platform
- Computer-based exams with instant grades
- Dedicated tutor throughout
- Get support via telephone, email or online
AAT Level 4 Professional Diploma in Accounting
The AAT Level 4 Professional Diploma in Accounting is the most advanced level on the AAT qualification route. It covers professional accounting tasks including drafting financial statements, managing budgets, and evaluating financial performance. You’ll also be able to specialise in areas such as tax, auditing, and credit control.
The AAT Level 4 Professional Diploma is ideal if you’ve completed the Foundation and Advanced levels, or you’re already at a professional level and want to develop your accounting skills further. Once you’ve completed the Professional Diploma, you’ll be a fully-qualified accounting technician, with brand new employment and qualification opportunities open to you. You are now eligible to use MAAT after your name.
Online: Flexible start
Classroom: Speak to an adviser
Online: 6 – 12 months
Classroom: 6 – 12 months
Take a look at our online learning content
AAT Level 4 qualification overview
What you will learnThis level contains the following units:
- Management Accounting: Budgeting
- Management Accounting: Decision and Control
- Financial Statements of Limited Companies
- Professional Synoptic
- Accounting Systems and Controls
Optional units, selecting two modules from the following:
- Business Tax
- Personal Tax
- External Auditing
- Cash and Treasury Management
- Credit Management
- Complete a limited company’s statutory financial statements
- Interpret financial statements using ratio analysis
- Prepare budgets and income expenditure forecasts
- Measure performance and manage costs
- Prepare performance reports for management
- Write a professional report based on the internal control of an accounting system
- Complete a corporation tax return Complete a self-assessment tax return
- 24/7 access to BabingtonOnline (distance learning only)
- Regular contact with your tutor
- Personal study plan
- Self-grading activities
- Video lectures
- Exclusive forums
- Downloadable revision materials
- Practice & mock exams
- Textbooks (incl. P&P)
AssessmentPractical computer-based assessments
ProgressionOnce you’ve completed AAT Level 4 Professional Diploma, you’ll be a fully-qualified accounting technician and are eligible to use ‘MAAT’ after your name.
You may wish to continue your studies with either CIMA or ACCA depending on your desired career path to either a Chartered or Management Accountant. Having AAT Level 4 may mean you are exempt from certain ACCA and CIMA modules helping you to progress even quicker.
Career pathYou will be eligible for the following roles after qualification: VAT Accountant, Senior Finance officer, Commercial Analyst
The AAT salary checker gives an average salary of £20,894 once you are Level 4 qualified.
PaymentAAT Level 4 distance learning £850 (inc VAT).
For more information on AAT membership and exam costs, please speak to a Course Adviser.