A perfect fit
There is no one size fits all approach to senior management training, and your journey starts with exploring your personal leadership style. Through personality profiling, a personal leadership development plan, and your own leadership development blog, learning and development is applied to your individual context. Along with support from your expert leadership mentor, these activities help you to identify and challenge your current approaches to leadership.
Our distance learning senior management training is built around the schedule of busy leaders. You’ll be led through the programme via our virtual learning environment, with regular input from your mentor. This means you can complete each stage of the programme at a time and place that suits you. The course takes around six to twelve months to complete, as opposed to between two and three years for an equivalent degree programme.
The CMI level 7 Diploma gives you the rare opportunity to share knowledge and experiences with other senior leaders. Group chat sessions and access to our exclusive community forum bring you insights you wouldn’t gain elsewhere, and allow you to explore your leadership development in a supportive environment.
Your mentor is also an experienced senior leader, meaning guidance stems from practical experience as much as from theoretical knowledge.
Our assessment style means you don’t have to sit exams. Instead, we assess you in a way that is more suited to your role as a senior leader: thorough your responses to realistic scenarios, and through professional discussions that allow to you to express your thoughts within the context of your role.
Level 7 Senior Management Training Details
The level 7 CMI programme is delivered through our innovative virtual learning environment, BabingtonOnline. The programme includes:
- Personal leadership mentor
- Five-factor personality profiling
- Development of personal leadership development plan
- Personal leadership development blog
- Access to exclusive leadership community forum
- Regular online chat sessions with other leaders
- Regular one-to-ones with your mentor
- Video insights from your mentor
- Automatic progress tracking
- Suggested reading
- Online submission of assessment materials
- Professional discussions and reflective blogging on a range of leadership topics
- Time-constrained scenario-based assessments
The course will usually take between six and eighteen months to complete, depending on your chosen qualification level and pace of study.
- Considerable experience in a senior leadership role
- In, or aiming towards, a role that involves leadership of a whole organisation
- Demonstrable academic ability to complete a level 7 qualification
Certificate = two or three of the following, depending on credits in chosen units
Diploma = Five or six of the following, depending on credits in units
- Personal leadership development as a strategic manager
- Developing performance management strategies
- Financial management
- Strategic information management
- Conducting a strategic management project
- Reviewing organisational strategy plans and performance
- Financial planning
- Developing a marketing strategy
- Strategic project management
- Implementing organisational change strategies
- Strategic planning
- Strategic human resource planning
- Strategic leadership
- Strategic leadership practice
- Introduction to strategic management and leadership
- Developing risk management strategies
- Strategic corporate social responsibility
Want to find out more about this course?
I have found the whole experience groundbreaking. I am learning so much about myself through the tutor’s expertise and his colleagues’ innovative coaching techniques – it’s inspiring.
I feel like this is a journey of self-discovery and improvement with the outcome of me as a better manager & leader and a more balanced person. I am totally sure this programme is giving me skills and knowledge that will propel me to bigger and better things throughout my working life
The discussion/seminar format suited my way of learning. I valued the opportunity to meet on a regular basis with the course tutor and fellow participants in an environment that encouraged discussion and debate about ‘real life’ leadership and management. It was through this seminar format that I was able to take useful ideas back to the office environment
Why gain a CMI leadership qualification?
- Over 80% of managers CMI spoke to said that a CMI qualification is a key part of becoming a professional manager
Increase employee morale and engagement
- 70% of employees in the UK do not trust their managers (Engage for Success, 2013)
- The UK has 6% lower average engagement levels than other large economies (Kennexa, 2011)
Set yourself apart from other leaders by learning how to lead a highly engaged, productive organisation.