Learn new techniques
Whether you’re new to your role, or you’ve been in a management position for years, you’ll discover brand new ways of thinking about leadership. You’ll be supported by an expert leadership mentor, who can impart their knowledge and experiences of leading from the top.
Our level 6 CMI courses are about far more than memorising information. Throughout the programme, you will learn a great deal about yourself through a combination of leadership profiling and reflective learning through our virtual learning environment. By recording your journey in your own personal leadership development blog, you’ll find it easier to track and learn from your progress.
Meet like-minded managers
With access to an exclusive forum and regular online chat sessions, you can share your experiences with those in similar roles. This offers eye-opening insights that transform the way you think about leadership.
Learn from the successes and failures of other middle managers, and share your own. Our CMI level 6 programme helps you to open up and explore your approach and perspectives in a way you never have before.
Our level 6 course isn’t all austerity; you will be part of truly engaging discussions on fascinating topics, with the chance to unwind and build new relationships along the way.
This CMI level 6 leadership and management course equips you to reach your aspirations towards senior management in a timely manner. Rather than spending three years studying towards a degree in leadership and management, you can achieve the equivalent with CMI in only a year.
Interactive materials within our virtual learning environment help you develop at your own pace.
Keep it practical
Managers just don’t have the time for endless written assignments, and we like to keep assessments more relevant to your professional role. Instead of tests or essays, you will discuss what you’ve learnt, giving practical examples of how you have applied it in your role.
Rather than taking you back to school, our assessments are more representative of the professional environment you are used to.
CMI Level 6 Management and Leadership
The level 6 CMI programme is delivered through our innovative virtual learning environment, BabingtonOnline. The programme includes:
- Personal leadership mentor
- Five-factor personality profiling
- Development of personal leadership development plan
- Personal leadership development blog
- Access to exclusive leadership community forum
- Regular online chat sessions with other leaders
- Regular one-to-ones with your mentor
- Video insights from your mentor
- Automatic progress tracking
- Suggested reading
- Online submission of assessment materials
- Professional discussions and reflective blogging on a range of leadership topics
- Time-constrained scenario-based assessments
The course will usually take between six and eighteen months to complete, depending on your chosen qualification level and pace of study.
- Experience in a middle management role, or a relevant qualification
- In, or aiming towards, a role that involves leadership of a whole business unit, or large area of an organisation
- Demonstrable academic ability to complete a level 6 qualification
Certificate = two of the following units
Diploma = six of the following
- Managing organisational culture
- Ethical organisational management
- Planning a change process
- Leading equality and diversity
- Developing and managing networks
- Organisation structures
- Managing ideas and innovation
- Managerial decision making
Want to find out more about this course?
I have found the whole experience groundbreaking. I am learning so much about myself through the tutor’s expertise and his colleagues’ innovative coaching techniques – it’s inspiring.
I feel like this is a journey of self-discovery and improvement with the outcome of me as a better manager & leader and a more balanced person. I am totally sure this programme is giving me skills and knowledge that will propel me to bigger and better things throughout my working life.
The discussion / seminar format suited my way of learning. I valued the opportunity to meet on a regular basis with the course tutor and fellow participants in an environment that encouraged discussion and debate about ‘real life’ leadership and management. It was through this seminar format that I was able to take useful ideas back to the office environment
Why gain a CMI leadership qualification?
- Over 80% of managers CMI spoke to said that a CMI qualification is a key part of becoming a professional manager
Increase employee morale and engagement
- 70% of employees in the UK do not trust their managers (Engage for Success, 2013)
- The UK has 6% lower average engagement levels than other large economies (Kennexa, 2011)
Set yourself apart from other leaders by learning how to lead a highly engaged, productive organisation.