The latest leadership techniques
Our leadership development programme takes your knowledge to the next level, applying cutting edge concepts to professional contexts.
You will explore current thinking surrounding issues from recruiting staff to developing a marketing plan.
Made to measure
We don’t offer cookie-cutter leadership development programmes. Instead, we tailor your learning to your own experiences and behaviours.
In discussions with your tutor, you will explore the way you lead a team, and discuss ways to adapt your approach.
Learning around your role
We make it easy for you to learn around your job. Flexible distance learning means you don’t need to take days off work or miss vital meetings.
You won’t have to spend evenings and weekends writing assignments, either. We keep assessments practical, with professional discussions and reflective pieces where you can demonstrate your progression at your own pace.
Level 5 Leadership Development Programme Details
Regular contact with your expert leadership mentor, who will guide you through your programme step by step. You’ll receive access to detailed resources, thought-provoking articles, recommended reading lists, and more.
- Professional discussions
- Reflective pieces
The course will usually take between six and eighteen months to complete, depending on your chosen qualification level and pace of study.
Demonstrable academic ability to complete a level 5 qualification
Award = one of the following units
Certificate = two of the following units
Diploma = five or six of the following, depending on credits in each chosen units
- Managerial styles and behaviours
- Managing stakeholders’ expectations
- Understanding organisational culture, values and behaviour
- Understanding team dynamics
- Management report writing
- Management and leadership influencing skills
- Managing interviews
- Promoting equality and diversity
- Staff inspection review
- Being a leader
- Introduction to management coaching and mentoring
Want to find out more about this course?
I have found the whole experience groundbreaking. I am learning so much about myself through the tutor’s expertise and his colleagues’ innovative coaching techniques – it’s inspiring.
I feel like this is a journey of self-discovery and improvement with the outcome of me as a better manager & leader and a more balanced person. I am totally sure this programme is giving me skills and knowledge that will propel me to bigger and better things throughout my working life
Why gain a CMI leadership qualification?
- Over 80% of managers CMI spoke to said that a CMI qualification is a key part of becoming a professional manager
Increase employee morale and engagement
- 70% of employees in the UK do not trust their managers (Engage for Success, 2013)
- The UK has 6% lower average engagement levels than other large economies (Kennexa, 2011)
Set yourself apart from other leaders by learning how to lead a highly engaged, productive organisation.