Want to start your journey towards a successful career in financial services? Then our CII financial advisor course is ideal.
The Award in Financial Administration, beginning with CF1, gives you a thorough introduction to the financial services industry, including investment planning, life and pensions, and key legislation.
The qualification, from the Chartered Insurance Institute (CII), is recognised within the industry as the starting point for pathways into a range of sectors, from financial planning to life and pensions.
Throughout the course, you’ll receive expert support from a tutor with industry experience, over the phone, by email, and through other means. Your tutor will help you achieve your goals at your own pace, agreeing a study plan that suits you.
CII & CeMAP mortgage advisor qualification details
- Distance learning
- Tutor support
- CeMAP: 2-hour exam (included in price)
- CII: multiple choice on-screen tests (not included in price)
- CeMAP: 6-12 months, 200 hours of study
- CII: around 12 months
No formal qualifications are required
You will learn
- The range of protection and mortgage products offered, with an extensive knowledge of the mortgage market
- How to apply UK financial regulation and mortgage policy to give effective advice to consumers
- The current technical language, tools, methods and practices of mortgage advice needed for effective financial decision-making
- About the mortgage market’s need to respond to the constantly changing economic, legal and regulatory environment
To achieve the full CeMAP mortgage advisor qualification, you will need to complete three modules which, together, are made up of seven units.
- Unit 1 – Introduction to Financial Services Environment and Products
- Unit 2 – UK Financial Services and Regulation
- Unit 3 – Mortgage Law, Policy, Practice and Markets
- Unit 4 – Mortgage Applications Unit 5 – Mortgage Payment Methods and Products
- Unit 5 – Mortgage Payment Methods and Products
- Unit 6 – Mortgage Arrears and Post Completion Issues
- Unit 7 – Assessment of Mortgage Advice and Knowledge
For the CII Certificate in Mortgage Advice, you will need to complete two units.
CF1: UK financial services, regulations and ethics
CF6: mortgage advice
Mortgage Advice and Practice (CeMAP)
CII Certificate in
Progression after the CII and CeMAP mortgage advisor qualifications
Both CeMAP and CII meet the educational standard required by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) of anyone wishing to achieve a ‘licence to practice’ and work as a mortgage advisor, opening up a world of opportunities for those who complete the qualification.
The CII and CeMAP mortgage advisor qualifications are also the perfect foundations for further qualifications that will help propel you into a more senior role. For example, you can go on to study the level 4 Diploma in Mortgage Advice and Practice (DipMAP).