If you’re looking to kick-start your career in insurance, then our Chartered Insurance Institute (CII) Certificate in Insurance course could be perfect for you.
You can tailor your qualification to your interests and career ambitions. After sitting the compulsory unit IF1, you will choose two additional optional units that fit with your interests to complete the Certificate in Insurance. During the course, you’ll gain a grounding in a range of topics, from underwriting claims to motor insurance products, depending on which units you choose.
This CII qualification is highly recognised within the insurance industry, giving you a passport to your dream career. Our distance learning allows you to fit your studies around your other commitments with the official CII course textbooks, so you can learn at a pace that suits you.
Anyone looking to start a new career in insurance
Distance: Flexible start
40-60 hours per unit recommended.
Certificate in Insurance course overview
Key outcomesCompulsory unit:
- Legal principles related to insurance contracts
- Regulatory principles related to insurance business
- Key elements of protecting consumers
- Underwriting and policy wordings
- Customer service
- Information and communication technology
- Identification of risk
- Assessment and acceptance of risk
- Relevant financial factors
- Claims notification
- Settlement and associated financial factors
- Practices and procedures connected with motor insurance
- Legal and regulatory considerations
- Applying product knowledge and understanding to cases
- Practice and procedures of household insurance
- Associated forms of cover risk assessment, rating and underwriting and scope of cover provided
- Knowledge and understanding fundamental principles
- Practices relating to healthcare insurance.
- Development and design of packaged commercial policies
- Scope of cover provided by the most common forms of packaged commercial policy
- Arrangement and operation of packaged commercial insurance contracts
- Knowledge and understanding of customer service within the context of an insurance environment
Assessment2 hour multiple choice exam per unit, with 70% pass mark
PrerequisitesNo formal qualifications are required to study this qualification
ProgressionUpon achieving the CII Certificate in Insurance you could join CII and receive opportunities for professional development and discounts for associated services
Career pathYou will be eligible for a wide range of roles such as Claims Handler and Risk Consultant
PaymentPlease contact a Course Adviser for further information on course prices, CII membership and additional costs