If you’re looking to kick-start your career in insurance, then our CII Certificate in Insurance course could be perfect for you.
We offer CII IF1 to IF5, giving you the opportunity to tailor your qualification to your interests and career ambitions. During the course, you’ll gain a grounding in a range of topics, from underwriting claims to motor insurance products, depending on which units you choose.
This Chartered Insurance Institute (CII) qualification is highly recognised within the insurance industry, giving you a passport to your dream career.
Throughout the course, you’ll receive expert support from a tutor with industry experience, over the phone, by email, and through other means. Your tutor will agree a study plan with you, based on your personal achievement goals, helping you gain your qualification at your own pace.
CII Certificate in Insurance course details
- Distance learning
- Tutor support
- 2-hour multiple choice exam per unit, with 70% pass mark (not included)
- 40-60 hours recommended per unit
No formal qualifications are required
The qualification is made up of three units, which you may complete individually. Unit choices include:
- IF1 – Insurance, legal, and regulatory (compulsory)
- IF2 – General insurance business
- IF3 – Insurance underwriting process
- IF4 – Insurance claims handling process
- IF5 – Motor insurance products
You will learn
- Legal principles related to insurance contracts
- Regulatory principles related to insurance business
- Key elements of protecting consumers
- Underwriting and policy wordings
- Customer service
- Information and communication technology
- Identification of risk
- Assessment and acceptance of risk
- Relevant financial factors
- Claims notification
- Settlement and associated financial factors
- Practices and procedures connected with motor insurance
- Legal and regulatory considerations
- Applying product knowledge and understanding to cases
Progression after the CII Certificate in Insurance
The CII Certificate in Insurance is highly regarded by employers within the insurance industry, and will equip you with the skills and knowledge needed to succeed in a range of roles within the insurance industry, from Claims Handler to Risk Consultant.
It can also act as the basis for further qualifications, such as the Diploma in Insurance, that will help propel you into a more senior role.