Looking to start your journey towards a successful career in financial services? The Award in Financial Administration from the Chartered Insurance Institute (CII), is recognised within the industry as the starting point for pathways into a range of sectors, from financial planning to life protection and pensions.
The Award in Financial Administration, beginning with unit CF1, gives you a thorough introduction to the financial services industry, including investment planning, life and pensions, and key legislation. The second unit FA1 gives you a basis in the types of life and pension issues, as well as detailed guidance on the administration of these classes of business.
Delivered through distance learning, you’ll receive the official CII course textbooks to work through at your own pace.
Those looking for an entry-level qualification into financial services
Distance: Flexible start
Distance: 60 hours per unit
Award in Financial Administration course overview
- Purpose and structure of the UK financial services industry
- Different financial asset classes and product types
- Process of giving advice and the main areas covered
- Ethics, regulatory processes, rules and legislation underpinning UK financial services
- Financial regulators’ powers and responsibilities to protect market integrity, and the impact of these
- Basic product types, including group life
- Principles of financial and medical underwriting
- Policy issues likely to arise with life policies
- Administration of life policies, including different payment methods and consequences of non-payment
- Handling life policy claims
- CF1: 2 hour multiple choice exam per unit, with 70% pass mark
- FA1: 1 hour multiple choice exam per unit, with 70% pass mark
PrerequisitesNo formal qualifications are required to study this qualification
Career pathYou will be eligible for a wide range of roles such as Financial Adviser, Financial Planner, and Wealth Manager
PaymentPlease contact a Course Adviser for further information on course prices, CII membership and additional exam costs.