Want to start your journey towards a successful career in financial services? Then our CII financial advisor course is ideal.
The Award in Financial Administration, beginning with CF1, gives you a thorough introduction to the financial services industry, including investment planning, life and pensions, and key legislation.
The qualification, from the Chartered Insurance Institute (CII), is recognised within the industry as the starting point for pathways into a range of sectors, from financial planning to life and pensions.
Throughout the course, you’ll receive expert support from a tutor with industry experience, over the phone, by email, and through other means. Your tutor will help you achieve your goals at your own pace, agreeing a study plan that suits you.
CII Financial advisor course details
- Distance learning
- Tutor support
- 2-hour multiple choice exam per unit, with 70% pass mark (not included)
- 60-hours recommended per unit
No formal qualifications are required
The qualification is made up of two units, which you may complete individually:
- CF1 – UK financial services, regulation & ethics
- FA1 – Life office administration
You will learn
- Purpose and structure of the UK financial services industry
- Different financial asset classes and product types
- Process of giving advice and the main areas covered
- Ethics, regulatory processes, rules and legislation underpinning UK financial services
- Financial regulators’ powers and responsibilities to protect market integrity, and the impact of these
- Basic product types, including group life
- Principles of financial and medical underwriting
- Policy issues likely to arise with life policies
- Administration of life policies, including different payment methods and consequences of non-payment
- Handling life policy claims
Progression after the Award in Financial Administration
The Award in Financial Administration will equip you with the skills and knowledge needed for a support role in financial services.
It can also act as the basis for further qualifications that will help propel you into a more senior role. Completing a further unit will allow you to gain the Certificate in Financial Services. The CF1 unit is also the starting point for a range of other CII certifications.
This qualification could be the start of your progression into a range of exciting roles, including Financial Advisor and Wealth Manager.