Aged 19 or over, and thinking about furthering your education and career?
If you’re thinking about starting a training course at level 3, 4, 5 or 6 then you may qualify for an advanced learner loan. This loan can help you cover the tuition fees of your course, so you can spread the cost of training.
It’s easy to apply, your income isn’t taken into account, and there’s no credit check. On top of this, you won’t have to pay anything back until you earn more than £21,000 a year.
Do I qualify?
To qualify you must be:
- Aged 19 or over on the first day of your course (there’s no upper age-limit)
- Living in the UK on the first day of your course, and have lived in the UK, Channel Islands, or Isle of Man for at least three years
- A UK national or have ‘settled status’
- Enrolling on an eligible course with Babington at level 3, 4, 5 or 6
How much can I get?
- The amount you can get depends on your course, the tuition fees related to this, and maximum amounts set by the government
- The minimum loan amount is £300
- You can still choose to pay part of the course fee yourself
Student Finance England will pay your agreed loan direct to Babington once we confirm your attendance on your chosen course.
Use the advanced learner loan eligibility tool to check whether you qualify for the loan.
Find out more about the Advanced Learner Loan
My tutor was always available (including Sundays – sorry!) when I needed her, so any obstacles that stood in my way could be easily surmounted.
The course has been very enjoyable, and I am looking forward to studying
at the next level with Babington