The CIMA Certificate in Business Accounting gives a solid grounding in the basics of management accounting, financial accounting and business.
CIMA home study is the perfect way to gain a professional management accounting qualification at your own pace. If you are new to business accounting, you must achieve this certificate in order to move on to the CIMA Diploma and Advanced Diploma (Operational, Management and Strategic Levels), and to become a CIMA member.
CIMA Certificate in Business Accounting Course Details
- Learn at your own pace with distance learning (BabingtonOnline (virtual learning environment) and tutor support
- Exam per unit
- 3 to maximum of 12 months
- No formal qualifications are required in order to start studying at this level, but it is essential that you have a good understanding of both English and Maths
You will learn
- Fundamentals of Business Economics (BA1)
- Fundamentals of Management Accounting (BA2)
- Fundamentals of Financial Accounting (BA3)
- Fundamentals of Ethics, Corporate Governance and Business Law (BA4)
You will be able to
- Identify, control and manage costs, prepare budget statements, and make financial decisions based on your analyses
- Prepare financial statements, use control techniques, and work within the regulatory framework
- Use financial management mathematics, including probability calculations, forecasting techniques, solving equations, and data analysis
- Understand the ways in which financial market behaviour, competition, and government economic policy affect organisations
- Understand the effects of corporate governance and legal frameworks, and the importance of ethics within business
My tutor was always available (including Sundays – sorry!) when I needed her, so any obstacles that stood in my way could be easily surmounted.
The course has been very enjoyable, and I am looking forward to studying
at the next level with Babington
What you will receive
Advanced accounting skills
24 hr access to BabingtonOnline (VLE)
Personal study plan
Live chat sessions with tutor
Online student forums
Textbooks (inc. P&P)
Practice & mock exams
Take a peek at our distance learning accounting courses
Progression after CIMA Certificate in Business Accounting
The CIMA Certificate qualification gives you the opportunity to move on to further studies with a CIMA Diploma and Advanced Diploma at the Operational, Management and Strategic levels.
What sort of job could I expect after completing the CIMA Certificate course?
A common question is “what jobs will I be qualified to perform after completing the CIMA Certificate in Business Accounting”? The list is long and the options varied, but they include the following:
- Assistant Finance Manager
- Assistant Accountant
- Financial Controller
- Financial Manager
- Finance Analyst