Your AAT Level 2 Foundation Certificate in Accounting will include:
- On-demand digital content
- Personalised learning
- Online and in-person learner engagement
- Bespoke learning materials
- Purpose built learning platform
- Computer-based exams with instant grades
- Dedicated tutor throughout
- Get support via telephone, email or online
- 92% pass rate (of learners enrolled in 2018)
AAT Level 2 Foundation Certificate in Accounting
The AAT Level 2 Foundation Certificate in Accounting is the introductory level on the AAT qualification route. If you are new to finance or want to brush up on your foundation knowledge and skills, this would be the ideal level for you to start.
Studying the AAT Level 2 Foundation qualification will equip you with a range of basic accounting principles and techniques, from costings and double entry bookkeeping to computerised accounting.
Those looking for an entry-level qualification into Accounting
Blended: Flexible start
Classroom: Speak to an advisor
Blended: 3 – 12 months
Classroom: 8 – 12 months
AAT Level 2 qualification overview
What you will learnThis level contains the following units:
- Bookkeeping Transactions
- Bookkeeping Controls
- Using Accounting Software
- Elements of Costing
- Work Effectively in Finance
- Foundation Synoptic
- Prepare and extend a trial balance
- Produce final accounts for sole traders and partnerships
- Use information gathered from costing systems to assist decision making
- Understand the principles of ethical working
- Complete VAT returns accurately
- Use a spreadsheet to enter, edit and organise numerical and other data
- 24/7 access to BabingtonOnline (blended learning only)
- Regular contact with your tutor
- Personal study plan
- Self grading activities
- Video lectures
- Exclusive forums
- Downloadable revision materials
- Practice & mock exams
- Text books (incl. P&P)
AssessmentComputer-based assessment, tutor marked project (computerised accounting)
PrerequisitesNo formal qualifications are required at this stage. If you are unsure which level is right for you, AAT offers a Skillcheck test.
Career pathYou will be eligible for the following roles after qualification: Accounts Administrator, Tax Assistant, Trainee Accounts Technician.
The AAT salary checker gives an average salary of £17,591 once you are Level 2 qualified.
PaymentAAT Level 2 blended learning £715 / AAT Level 2 evening class £900 / AAT Level 2 day class £1925.
For AAT membership and exam costs please speak to an adviser.