The AAT Level 2 Foundation Certificate in Accounting is the introductory level on the AAT qualification route. If you are new to finance or want to brush up on your foundation knowledge and skills, this would be the ideal level for you to start.
Studying the AAT Level 2 Foundation course will equip you with a range of basic accounting principles and techniques, from costings and double entry bookkeeping to computerised accounting.
AAT Level 2 Foundation Certificate
- 24/7 access to BabingtonOnline (VLE)
- Regular contact with your tutor
- Personal study plan
- Self grading activities
- Video lectures
- Exclusive forums
- Downloadable revision materials
- Practice & mock exams
- Access to Sage 50 Accounts software
- Text books (incl. P&P)
My tutor was always available (including Sundays – sorry!) when I needed her, so any obstacles that stood in my way could be easily surmounted.
The course has been very enjoyable, and I am looking forward to studying
at the next level with Babington
Want to find out more or get started?
AAT Level 2 Foundation Certificate Course Details
- Attend a class
- Learn at your own pace with distance learning (virtual learning environment and tutor support)
- Computer-based exams (instant grades)
- Classroom: typically 8 hours a week for 12 months*
- Distance: 3 to maximum of 12 months
No formal qualifications are required at this level, but you should have basic numeracy skills.
You will learn
- Bookkeeping Transactions
- Bookkeeping Controls
- Using Accounting Software
- Elements of Costing
- Work Effectively in Finance
- Foundation Synoptic
You will be able to
- Complete basic double entry bookkeeping
- Complete accounts to trial balance stage
- Process customer and supplier information on a computerised package
- Use basic costing principles
- Understand how an accounts department works within an organisation
*Please contact an advisor to discuss availability of classroom courses in your area.
Progression after AAT Level 2 Foundation
An AAT Level 2 Foundation qualification gives you the opportunity to move on to study the AAT Level 3 Advanced Diploma in Accounting course. A common question is “what jobs will I be qualified to perform after completing the AAT Level 2 Foundation qualification”? The list is long and the options varied but include the following:
- Accounts Administrator
- Purchase/Sales Ledger Clerk
- Trainee Accounts Technician
What will my potential salary range be after completing the AAT Level 2 Foundation qualification?
According to AAT’s Salary Survey, you will earn somewhere in between £9,000 and £24,000 upon completion of your AAT Level 2 Foundation studies. Of course, this covers a wide-range of salaries, and other things such as your experience and location will have a strong influence on your potential earnings with the AAT Level 2 Foundation qualification.