Our AAT Level 2 Foundation distance learning course allows you to become qualified at your own pace and in your own environment, while receiving all the online support you need to succeed.
Studying our AAT Level 2 Foundation distance learning course will equip you with a range of basic accounting principles and techniques, from costing and double-entry bookkeeping to computerised accounting.
You’ll receive support throughout the course on our innovative virtual learning environment, which you can access 24 hours a day. You won’t lose out on expert tutor support, with frequent contact, scheduled chats, and video lectures.
Gaining the AAT Level 2 Foundation qualification opens doors to both new employment and further qualification opportunities.
AAT Level 2 Foundation Distance Learning Course Details
What you’ll receive
- 24/7 access to BabingtonOnline (virtual learning environment)
- Tutor support through live sessions, phone and email
- Personal study plan
- Self grading activities
- Video lectures
- Exclusive student forums
- Downloadable revision materials
- Practice & mock exams
- Access to Sage 50 Accounts software
- Text books (incl. P&P)
- Distance: 3 to maximum of 12 months
- Computer-based exams (instant grades)
- Tutor marked project
What you’ll learn (units)
- Bookkeeping Transactions
- Bookkeeping Controls
- Using Accounting Software
- Elements of Costing
- Work Effectively in Finance
- Foundation Synoptic
What you’ll be able to do by the end
- Complete basic double entry bookkeeping
- Complete accounts to trial balance stage
- Process customer and supplier information on a computerised package
- Use basic costing principles
- Understand how an accounts department works
No formal qualifications are required at this level
Progression after AAT Level 2 Foundation Distance Learning
An AAT Level 2 Foundation distance learning course gives you the opportunity to move on to study the AAT Level 3 Advanced Diploma in Accounting course. A common question is “what jobs will I be qualified to perform after completing the AAT Level 2 Foundation qualification”? The list is long and the options varied but include the following:
- Accounts Administrator
- Purchase/Sales Ledger Clerk
- Trainee Accounts Technician
What will my potential salary range be after completing the AAT Level 2 Foundation distance learning course?
According to AAT’s Salary Survey, you will earn somewhere in between £9,000 and £24,000 upon completion of your AAT Level 2 Foundation studies. Of course, this covers a wide-range of salaries, and other things such as your experience and location will have a strong influence on your potential earnings with the AAT Level 2 Foundation qualification.