Your AAT Level 2 Foundation Certificate in Bookkeeping will include:
- On-demand digital content
- Personalised learning
- Online and in-person learner engagement
- Bespoke learning materials
- Purpose built learning platform
- Computer-based exams with instant grades
- Dedicated tutor throughout
- Get support via telephone, email or online
AAT Level 2 Foundation Certificate in Bookkeeping
The AAT Level 2 Foundation Certificate in Bookkeeping course gives you the skills needed to undertake fundamental bookkeeping tasks, as well as a prestigious qualification. A popular entry route into accounting, this AAT bookkeeping course is ideal if you’re new to finance. It’s also perfect if you’d like to brush up on existing foundation-level knowledge and skills.
Our AAT Level 2 bookkeeping distance learning package is a recognised bookkeeping qualification that fits around your lifestyle. If you have commitments such as family or a full-time job, this is a great way to become qualified in the comfort of your own home, at your own pace.
You can study this short course with no previous formal qualifications – all you need is enthusiasm and basic numeracy skills.
Those looking for an entry-level route into bookkeeping
Online: Flexible start
Online: 6 – 12 months
AAT Level 2 Bookkeeping qualification overview
What you will learnThis level contains the following units:
- Processing Transactions
- Bookkeeping Controls
- Understand double-entry bookkeeping
- Prepare and process invoices and credit notes
- Balance a 3-column analysed cash book
- Process ledger transactions and extract a trial balance
- 24/7 access to BabingtonOnline (distance learning only)
- Regular contact with your tutor
- Personal study plan
- Self-grading activities
- Video lectures
- Exclusive forums
- Downloadable revision materials
- Practice & mock exams
- Textbooks (incl. P&P)
AssessmentProctored Exam – Computer-based Skills-based assessment
PrerequisitesNo formal qualification are required at this level
ProgressionThe AAT Foundation Certificate in Bookkeeping gives you the opportunity to move on to further studies with the AAT Level 2 Foundation Certificate in Accounting (with exemptions from certain modules).
Career pathYou will be eligible for the following roles after qualification: Bookkeeper, Payroll Administrator, Accounts Payable Clerk
The AAT salary checker gives an average salary of £20,000 for bookkeepers who are solely employed
PaymentAAT Level 2 bookkeeping distance learning £425 (inc VAT). For AAT membership and exam costs please speak to an adviser.