Your AAT Level 3 Advanced Diploma in Accounting will include:
- On-demand digital content
- Personalised learning
- Online and in-person learner engagement
- Bespoke learning materials
- Purpose built learning platform
- Computer-based exams with instant grades
- Dedicated tutor throughout
- Get support via telephone, email or online
- 92% pass rate (of learners enrolled in 2018)
AAT Level 3 Advanced Diploma in Accounting
The AAT Level 3 Advanced Diploma in Accounting brings in more complex accounting tasks, such as maintaining cost accounting records, and the preparation of reports and returns. It is ideal if you’ve completed the Level 2 Foundation Certificate, or you’re already at a more advanced level and want to develop your accounting skills further.
If you’re looking to gain the AAT Level 3 qualification without having to attend a class, our online learning option allows you to fit your studies around commitments like work and family. You’ll receive support from an experienced tutor, along with text books and access to our online learning platform, BabingtonOnline, which will guide you along every step of your learning journey.
Those who have completed AAT Level 2 or are working at a more advanced level
Online: Flexible start
Classroom: Speak to an adviser
Online: 3 – 12 months
Classroom: 8 – 12 months
Take a look at our online learning content
AAT Level 3 qualification overview
What you will learnThis level contains the following units:
- Advanced Bookkeeping
- Final Accounts Preparation
- Management Accounting: Costing
- Indirect Tax
- Spreadsheets for Accounting
- Ethics for Accountants
- Advanced Synoptic
- Prepare and extend a trial balance
- Produce final accounts for sole traders and partnerships
- Use information gathered from costing systems to assist decision making
- Understand the principles of ethical working
- Complete VAT returns accurately
- Use a spreadsheet to enter, edit and organise numerical and other data
- 24/7 access to BabingtonOnline (distance learning only)
- Regular contact with your tutor
- Personal study plan
- Self-grading activities
- Video lectures
- Exclusive forums
- Downloadable revision materials
- Practice & mock exams
- Text books (incl. P&P)
AssessmentProctored exams; computer based skill-based assessment, tutor marked
ProgressionAAT Level 3 Diploma qualification makes you eligible for AAT Bookkeeper (AATQB) status, which will allow you to pursue a career as a freelance bookkeeper. You can also move on to study the AAT Level 4 Professional Diploma which is the final qualification AAT offers. Once you have completed the AAT Level 4 you may move on to study with either CIMA or ACCA depending on your desired career path.
Career pathYou will be eligible for the following roles after qualification: Accounts Administrator, Credit Controller, Tax Assistant, Trainee Accounts Technician
The AAT salary checker gives an average salary of £18,795 once you are Level 3 qualified.
PaymentAAT Level 3 distance learning £825 (inc VAT) / AAT Level 3 evening class £1125 (inc VAT) / AAT Level 3 day class £2125 (inc VAT).
For more information on AAT membership and exam costs, please speak to a Course Adviser.