The AAT Level 3 Advanced Diploma in Accounting introduces more complex accounting tasks, such as maintaining cost accounting records, and the preparation of reports and returns.
The Level 3 Advanced Diploma is ideal if you’ve completed the Level 2 Foundation Certificate, or you’re already at a more advanced level and want to develop your accounting skills further.
If you’re looking to gain the AAT qualification without having to attend a class, our distance learning option allows you fit your studies around commitments like work and family.
You’ll receive support from an experienced tutor, along with course books and access to our virtual learning environment, which will guide you along every step of your learning journey.
AAT Level 3 Advanced Diploma
- 24/7 access to BabingtonOnline (VLE)
- Regular contact with your tutor
- Personal study plan
- Self grading activities
- Video lectures
- Exclusive forums
- Downloadable revision materials
- Practice & mock exams
- Text books (incl. P&P)
My tutor was always available (including Sundays – sorry!) when I needed her, so any obstacles that stood in my way could be easily surmounted.
The course has been very enjoyable, and I am looking forward to studying at the next level with Babington
Want to find out more or get started?
AAT Level 3 Advanced Diploma Course Details
- Attend a class
- Learn at your own pace with distance learning (virtual learning environment and tutor support)
- Computer-based exams (instant grades)
- Classroom: Typically 8 hours a week for 12 months*
- Distance: 3 to maximum of 12 months
AAT Level 2 Foundation Certificate or equivalent awards, or pre-assessment of current ability with the AAT Skills Check.
- Advanced Bookkeeping
- Final Accounts Preparation
- Management Accounting: Costing
- Indirect Tax
- Spreadsheets for Accounting
- Ethics for Accountants
- Advanced Synoptic
You’ll be able to
- Prepare and extend a trial balance
- Produce final accounts for sole traders and partnerships
- Use information gathered from costing systems to assist decision making
- Understand the principles of ethical working
- Complete VAT returns accurately
- Use a spreadsheet to enter, edit and organise numerical and other data
*Please contact an advisor to discuss availability of classroom courses in your area.
Progression after AAT Level 3 Advanced Diploma
The qualification gained from AAT Level 3 Advanced Diploma course gives you the opportunity to move on to study the AAT Level 4 Professional Diploma in Accounting course.
What sort of job could I expect after completing the AAT Level 3 Advanced Diploma in Accounting?
A common question is “what jobs will I be qualified to perform after completing the AAT Level 3 Advanced Diploma qualification”? The list is long and the options varied, but they include the following:
- Assistant Accountant
- Accounts Payable Clerk
- Audit Trainee Bookkeeper
- Corporate Recovery Analyst
- Credit Controller
- Finance Assistant
- Insolvency Executive
- Practice Bookkeeper
- Tax Accountant
- Tax Assistant
What will my potential salary range be after completing the AAT Level 3 Advanced Diploma qualification?
According to AAT’s Salary Survey, you will earn somewhere between £11,000 and £24,000 upon completion of your AAT Level 3 Advanced Diploma studies. Of course, this covers a wide-range of salaries, and other things such as your experience and location will have a strong influence on your potential earnings after achieving the qualification.