Professional Training in Ripley
Our range of study programmes and short courses help you reach your full potential, with support along the way kick start your career the BabingtonWay. If you are struggling to locate the centre, we are next to Boyes.
Our Ripley Centre is at the heart of the Ripley community, providing training for all ages to help people to progress within and into the workplace. With courses for 16-19 year olds in Level 1 Hair and Beauty, Level 1 IT Digital Skills, Level 1 Construction and Level 1 and 2 in Childcare alongside Maths and English qualifications we have a range of programmes to suit your individual needs. We also offer support into employment programmes for people aged 19-65.
Babington have provided apprenticeships and training solutions for over 40 years, supporting the local people of Ripley and the surrounding areas with high quality training and career development solutions to individuals and employers.
Our Babington Ripley centre
16-19 year old Study Programmes
The study programmes below are available to all 16-19 year olds and last for a duration of one year. It enables you to complete your compulsory full time education and develop your skills, kick starting your career. All our study programmes include Employability Skills, Maths and English as well as a 2 week work placement with a local employer within your chosen industry.
- Childcare Level 1 and Level 2 (includes Customer Service)
- Construction Level 1 (includes CSCS Training and Card)
- Hair & Beauty Level 1 (includes Customer Service)
- IT Digital Skill Level 1 (includes Customer Service)
Adult short courses
Our short courses are designed for 19+ adults. Lasting between 1 to 4 weeks and covering a range of skills and qualifications it enables you to achieve industry recognised qualifications across a number of sectors contributing towards your job search hours. Our courses provide you with the necessary skills to begin your career. Weekly start dates available.
- CSCS Training and Card
- City & Guilds Award in Health and Safety in a Construction Environment
- City & Guilds Certificate in Employability Skills
- City & Guilds Award in Customer Service
- City & Guilds Certificate in IT (including Digital Skills)
- City & Guilds Certificate in Business Admin
- City & Guilds Certificate in Storage and Warehousing
- Level 1 Food Safety and Hygiene
- Level 2 Food Safety and Hygiene for Catering
- Level 2 Food Safety and Hygiene for Manufacturing
- Level 2 Food Safety and Hygiene for Retail
- Fire Safety
- Manual Handling in the Workplace
- Primary First Aid
- COSHH Awareness
- Safeguarding Children
- SIA Security and Physical Intervention Training
“I was welcomed with open arms to Babington and they knew how I needed to be welcomed. My maths tutor knew what support and extra help I needed, this helped me pass my maths course”
Employability, Ripley Centre
Looking to kick start your career? Give us a call on 01773 747377
Looking for something else? Have a look at the other programmes Babington have on offer!
FIND YOUR PATH
Apprenticeships offer real hands-on experience with a local employer, whilst recognising your new skills and knowledge in line with the standard requirements. You’ll also be able to earn a wage whilst you learn.
TAILOR MADE TRAINING
Turn your organisation into a greenhouse for talent with our tailor-made training solutions and apprenticeship programmes. Whatever your size and requirements.
ADVANCE YOUR CAREER
Advance your career with a prestigious qualification, from AAT accounting to Chartered Management. Our virtual learning environment puts you in control of your studies.