The Technical Apprentice gains on the job experience on site and within the Technical Services team while studying the academic and practical modules that will contribute towards successful completion of their apprenticeship with Babington.
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date:
28 June 2021
Level 3 (A level)
The Technical Apprentice will fulfil the purpose of the role by:
- Ensuring that they are prepared with the correct uniform, PPE and equipment to undertake whatever practical experience tasks they are assigned
- Undertaking on site practical experience tasks in line with work orders and supervisory instructions
- Responding and rectifying to both remote and onsite faults, moves additions and changes on which they have received training or instruction
- Configuring, installing and testing equipment and services that on which they are trained of on which they have received instruction
- Provide remote and on site support and assistance to customers, colleagues, suppliers and other relevant third parties
- Complying with company systems, procedures and policies in the execution of their work
- Accurately documenting information including work orders, cases, reports etc.
- Stock receipt and control in line with company procedures
- Working with hand held tools on which they have received training or instruction
- Providing timely, accurate and professional customer communications
- Establishing and maintaining effective interpersonal relationships with those contacted during the course of work
- Successfully completing the required academic and practical modules of the apprentice scheme within the specified timescales
- Completing tasks in accordance with the company service delivery standards and operating procedures which are accredited to BSI ISO9001
- Work towards the ‘Fourteen Way’
- Perform any other / or additional duties as dictated by the needs of the business
This is a Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Apprenticeship Standard, which includes Level 1/2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required) and an End-Point Assessment (EPA).
Requirements and prospects
No specific skills required, just the personal qualities.
Honest, customer focused, good work ethic, team player, positive can do attitude, adaptable, motivated & loyal.
GCSE grade C/4 or above or equivalent in English and Maths.
Full-time permanent employment upon successful completion of apprenticeship.
Apply for this job!
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.