Website S I Opticals
At S.I. Opticals we place great emphasis in looking after the needs of our customers, aiming to deliver a personal service and the latest optical health from contact lenses to designer glasses. You will achieve a level 3 Business Administration qualification, training to be delivered by Babington.
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date:
05 July 2021
Level 3 (A level)
As our Apprentice you will need to be customer focussed and have an interest in the areas of eyewear in a retail environment as well as health. Within the job role there will be a range of varied tasks which include (but not exhaustive):
- Develop your skill so you can advise customers on the range of products we have from glasses to accessories
- Booking appointments or eye tests and contact lens checks for customers over the phone or face to face
- Handle customer till transactions either by cash or other payment methods with accuracy and security
- Updating record cards accurately and scanning information onto the system for future reference
- Understanding the general eye health conditions to aid customers when booking appointments
- Carrying out general administration duties
- Support colleagues when additional help is needed to get orders together for dispatching
- Carry out stock replenishment duties
The available opening is for a full Apprenticeship and combines the opportunity of paid work with a formal training programme.
As you develop in the role you will be given additional responsibilities and tasks to ensure you are always given the opportunity to grow with the business and develop within your job role.
This is a Level 3 Business Administrator Apprenticeship Standard, which includes Level 1/2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required) and an End-Point Assessment (EPA).
Requirements and prospects
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy
- IT skills (Strong Word and Excel skills)
- Able to work well as a team and by themselves
- Strong work ethic
- Be able to multi- task
- Positive attitude
- Passionate about what you do
- Confident and personable
- Calm under pressure
- Ability to treat colleagues and visitors with respect
- The commitment to complete the apprenticeship programme
- To use initiative and take responsibility for daily decision making
- To have an innovative approach to problem solving
Progression within the business.
Minimum 5 GCSES – English and maths or equivalent.
Apply for this job!
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.