Our Housing Services team provides services across both Wychavon and Malvern Hills District Councils and works hard to make a real difference to people’s lives. Our staff sit at the heart of what we do, and as a result we are always looking to recruit, develop and retain the very best talent we can find.
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date:
20 Jun 2021
Level 3 (A level)
These duties will be undertaken at an apprentice level which assumes no previous experience or knowledge of the duties. Duties will be undertaken under the supervision of the Principal Housing Officers within the Housing Service team who will provide the necessary coaching, mentoring and support. Typical duties will include:
- To work with other members of the section to include Housing Needs / Private Sector Housing and Strategy / Development to provide administrative and other support
- To undertake and complete housing related training course to support personal development for working in a Housing environment
- To gain experience in undertaking routine clerical duties such as post opening and distribution, scanning and indexing of documents onto the I.T. systems, ordering stationary, routine filing etc
- To learn how to operate general office equipment such as photocopiers, scanning machine etc
- To assist with data entry onto the various Housing related I.T systems, keeping records of customer and partner agency contact up to date
- To respond to customer queries, answer the telephones in the office, take messages and give basic housing advice where appropriate (seeking advice when needed)
- To be supported to prepare documents using word processing and spreadsheetsTo help with the production of information available to the public such as leaflets, website etc
- To accompany colleagues to undertake site, scheme and customer visits where appropriate
- Other such duties as may be required from time to time in line with the grading of the post and requirements of the apprentice’s Personal Training Plan
- To comply with all aspects of the Council’s Code of Conduct and Equal Opportunities Policy
- To comply with health & safety legislation and the Council’s safety practices
This is a Level 3 Customer Service Specialist Apprenticeship Standard, which includes Level 1/2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required) and an End-Point Assessment (EPA).
Requirements and prospects
To succeed in this role, you will need:
- Brilliant communication skills
- Good keyboarding and IT skills
- Good organisational and time management skills
- An ability to adapt to different ways of working and a commitment to your personal and professional development.
- A genuine interest in Housing and a desire to make a difference to the lives of people.
- A good level of numeracy and literacy skills
- Experience of working with others
Permanent position for the right candidate.
5 GCSE Grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalents including maths and English.
Apply for this job!
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.