Babington Group is one of the first organisations in the region to receive the prestigious Leaders in Safeguarding quality mark for their range of training programmes.
The Leaders in Safeguarding consultants conducted a thorough audit of the safeguarding arrangements at Babington Group and approved them as meeting the standards.
Dr Dan Grant, safeguarding expert and the founder of Leaders in Safeguarding, told us ‘Babington Group have received this accolade because they have created a strong culture in which all learners and apprentices are safe. We congratulate and recognise their highly effective and robust safeguarding arrangements. They work very hard and are highly committed to keeping children, young people and vulnerable adults safe’.
The Leaders in Safeguarding accolade, which is valid for two years, involves approved consultants visiting organisations to assess the effectiveness of safeguarding arrangements. This involves close examination of how well organisations meet all statutory requirements and the effectiveness of their policies and practices in staff recruitment and training.
A full audit is conducted and a detailed report is produced. Once this has been completed the safeguarding consultant presents their assessment and report to the Leaders in Safeguarding scrutiny and validation panel for approval.
The Leaders in Safeguarding panel consists of expert professionals from health, education and social care sectors.
The Leaders in Safeguarding Standard requires:
- Clear lines of accountability for safeguarding children and vulnerable adults
- Committed governance arrangements and quality assurance processes
- Full compliance with all relevant statutory requirements and guidance
- Comprehensive, clear and effective safeguarding policies, procedures and systems
- Effective and appropriate information sharing
- Highly effective inter-agency working
- Safer recruitment practices
- Highly effective supervision and support
- High quality staff training and continuing professional development
- Very good staff awareness of safeguarding arrangements and effective day to day practice
- High priority is given to safeguarding the most vulnerable groups
- Accessible and effective whistleblowing arrangements
- Full and effective implementation of the ’Prevent’ duty
- Precise recording of information and concerns
- Good understanding of the requirements for confidentiality
- Effective risk assessment and risk management arrangements
- Effective first aid and health and safety arrangements
Having worked tirelessly to ensure a high standard of safeguarding across the entire business, we are delighted to be awarded this prestigious accolade.