Whilst your employees are remote working or on furlough, now is the perfect time to enhance their professional skills, digitally and at no cost with funds from Nottingham City Council.
Nottingham City Council is making funds for Apprenticeship training available to fund Apprenticeships for City residents and in City businesses. Delivering more high-value apprenticeships in Nottingham will ensure more people gain the skills and training they need to build successful careers. This will also benefit our local employers and community organisations by giving them the skills they need and deliver economic growth for local communities.
As an Apprenticeship Levy payer, Nottingham City Council is able to share their Apprenticeship Levy funds with other employers, to provide the full cost of their apprenticeship training. This means that SME’s based in Nottingham City Centre can now hire apprentices, up-skill existing employees and increase workforce efficiency at no extra cost to their business.
Receiving Employes will:
- Sign up to ESFA funding rules and the ESFA Funding Agreement for Employers – please see the ESFA guidance note ‘Transfers Guide for Receiving Employers’.
- Set up and be responsible for, with the help of Babington, their own Digital Apprenticeship Account – this service is run by the ESFA, and is explained further in the video here: https://youtu.be/A787pMS6xkw
- Manage and support their Apprentices to fully engage in the learning, and to have the best chance of success in their Apprenticeship.
Levy Transfer Benefits for SME Employers
Nottingham City Council’s Levy Transfer ensures that SME’s get help with apprenticeship funding so that they can train their workforce at no extra cost. The employer will no longer have to pay the 5% co-investment fees, meaning they could save up to £750 per apprentice through the initiative!
SME’s can develop existing staff or hire new apprentices with these funds, and can even use them to up-skill more than one employee at a time.
Just like with Large Employers, Nottingham City Council’s Levy Transfer means that SME’s can illustrate the importance of Apprenticeships in an organisation’s CSR strategy. By taking part in this initiative, SME’s are showing that they support talent and promote skills growth within their region.
Babington become an Approved Training Provider for Nottingham City Council
Nottingham City Council wishes to only transfer funds for training delivered by training providers in the NCC Directory of Approved Apprenticeship Training Providers. These providers have been through an assessment process, and are at least ‘Good’ or ‘Outstanding’ if inspected by OFSTED. Babington are an approved training provider for Nottingham City Council.
We are supporting Nottingham City Council, The Apprenticeship Levy, individuals and organisations within Nottingham by providing our Ofsted Grade 2 training that enables real, professional growth. We also ensure to support the SME’s involved by providing advice and support, including assistance with the Digital Account, which is needed to access the Levy funds.
Available Online Apprenticeship Training, at No Cost
We are supporting Nottingham City Council’s Levy transfer by providing training and assessment across our whole range of Apprenticeship Standards, no matter what level they are.
- Accounting Level 2
- Assistant Accountant Level 3
- Professional Accounting/Taxation Technician Level 4
- Accountancy Professional Level 7
- Financial Services Customer Adviser Level 2
- Senior Financial Services Customer Adviser Level 3
- Financial Services Administrator Level 3
- Financial Adviser Level 4
- Insurance Practitioner Level 3
- Insurance Professional Level 4
- Mortgage Adviser Level 3
Leadership and Management
- Team Leader Level 3
- Operations/Departmental Manager Level 5
- Associate Project Manager Level 4
- HR Support Level 3
- HR Consultant/Partner Level 5
- Learning and Development Practitioner Level 3
- Learning and Development Consultant Level 5
IT & Digital
- Digital Marketer Level 3
- Infrastructure Technician Level 3
- Software Development Technician Level 3
- IT Solutions Technician Level 3
- Network Engineer Level 4
- Data Analyst Level 4
- Business Administration Level 2
- Business Administrator Level 3
- Regulatory Compliance Officer Level 4
- Customer Service Practitioner Level 2
- Customer Service Specialist Level 3
- Junior Estate Agent Level 2
- Housing/Property Management Assistant Level 2
- Housing/Property Management Level 3
- Sales of Residential Property Level 3
Did you know that if you train or hire any staff aged 16-18 with this initiative, there is a £1,000 Government grant available too?
Nottingham City Council’s Levy Transfer can support any of your staff or new recruits, as long as:
- Apprentices are either a City resident or employed by a business or organisation based in the City.
- You are an Employer who commits to paying the appropriate age-related National Minimum Wage for all Apprenticeships funded through a transfer; this is not the apprentice wage of £3.90. This supports the councils’ ambition to encourage local employers to pay the Real Living Wage.
- You are an Employer who engages with City-wide efforts to promote inclusion e.g. finding out about becoming a Disability Confident employer, being LGBT friendly, prioritising and promoting equality by having a policy in place and working with the Nottingham Jobs team to offer work placements to job seekers.
If you would like to request Apprenticeship Levy funds from Nottingham City Council so that you can train existing staff or hire new apprentices with Babington, please Register your interest through the form below and a member of the team will be in contact.
Alternatively, you can contact Rudy Stewart, Business Development Consultant – Nottinghamshire and Lincolnshire.
Telephone: 07741 265 471 | Email: email@example.com