The New Anglia Local Enterprise Partnership works with businesses, local authority partners and education institutions to drive growth and enterprise in Norfolk and Suffolk.
To increase inclusion and develop much-needed skills across the region, New Anglia LEP has set up an Apprenticeship Levy Transfer Scheme, in partnership with Norfolk and Suffolk County Councils, to help transfer unspent Apprenticeship Levy payments from Levy payers to small and medium-sized businesses (SMEs) in the area.
How Does It Work?
The LEP Apprenticeship Levy Scheme means that SME employers will be able to recruit apprentices, or train existing staff through an apprenticeship, at no additional cost to their business.
Once Apprenticeship Levy payers allocate some or all of their unspent Levy funds to the virtual pot, the LEP will then source businesses direct, or through an apprenticeship provider like Babington, that has potential apprentices who are looking to ‘receive’ the funds. An introduction will then be made and if all parties, including the training provider, are happy with the match, funds can start to be transferred.
Babington Become Approved Training Provider for New Anglia LEP
We are delighted to be an Approved Training Provider for New Anglia LEP, supporting their scheme by enhancing SME employee skills within this region, with our high-quality apprenticeship recruitment and training service.
SME’s using the LEP Apprenticeship Levy Transfer Scheme have access to the whole of Babington’s range of Apprenticeship Standards, no matter what level they are.
- Accounting Level 2
- Assistant Accountant Level 3
- Professional Accounting/Taxation Technician Level 4
- Accountancy Professional Level 7
- Financial Services Customer Adviser Level 2
- Senior Financial Services Customer Adviser Level 3
- Financial Services Administrator Level 3
- Financial Adviser Level 4
- Insurance Practitioner Level 3
- Insurance Professional Level 4
- Mortgage Adviser Level 3
Leadership and Management
- Team Leader Level 3
- Operations/Departmental Manager Level 5
- Associate Project Manager Level 4
- HR Support Level 3
- HR Consultant/Partner Level 5
- Learning and Development Practitioner Level 3
- Learning and Development Consultant Level 5
IT & Digital
- Digital Marketer Level 3
- Infrastructure Technician Level 3
- Software Development Technician Level 3
- IT Solutions Technician Level 3
- Network Engineer Level 4
- Data Analyst Level 4
- Business Administration Level 2
- Business Administrator Level 3
- Regulatory Compliance Officer Level 4
- Customer Service Practitioner Level 2
- Customer Service Specialist Level 3
- Junior Estate Agent Level 2
- Housing/Property Management Assistant Level 2
- Housing/Property Management Level 3
- Sales of Residential Property Level 3
Did you know that if you train or hire any staff aged 16-18 with this initiative, there is a £1,000 Government grant available too? The LEP’s Levy Transfer Scheme can support any of your staff or new recruits, as long as you are an SME employer, who earns less than £3million a year in payroll and are based in Norfolk or Suffolk.