Apprentice in retail bank branches. To assist the branch in meeting its sales objectives by delivering 1st class customer care to existing clients and by the acquisition, and retention of new clients by developing and strengthening new clients’ relationships.
Key responsibilities include:
- Delivers superior customer service
- Promptly handling all calls and emails received
- Fosters strong customer relations and actively promotes State Bank of India UK as the preferred provider of banking services
- Assist with cross selling products and services to existing clients, through regular telephone &/or face to face contact and on-going relationship building
- Fosters and maintains a welcoming, professional, and service oriented atmosphere within the banking hall
- To handle all postal service requests
- To prepare AML Risk Matrix and check lists for account opening
- Responsible for logging and maintenance of postal register
- Undertakes any other responsibility as delegated by the Area Branch Manager or so designated senior officer
- Level 3 Senior Financial Services Customer Adviser apprenticeship standard.
- The length of this apprenticeship is expected to be 12 – 24 months. For entry at this level, it would typically be 18-24 months, with progression from Level 2 being closer to 12 months.
English and maths:
- Apprentices without level 2 English and maths will need to achieve this level prior to taking the End-Point Assessment.
- For those with an education, health and care plan or a legacy statement, the apprenticeship’s English and maths minimum requirement is Entry Level 3. A British Sign Language (BSL) qualification is an alternative to the English qualification for those whose primary language is BSL.
Link to professional registration and progression:
- This standard puts the apprentice on the pathway towards or allows them to apply for professional membership of the Chartered Banker Institute, the London Institute of Banking & Finance, the Chartered Institute of Securities and Investment or the Chartered Insurance Institute, depending on which qualification is taken.
- This apprenticeship could be an entry level role to the business or a progression from a lower-level role or apprenticeship, building on the knowledge and skills gained in that role or apprenticeship.
- On completion of this apprenticeship, the apprentice will be fully competent in the role and can continue to develop their career within the organisation through a range of possible pathways. This could include moving into giving advice on regulated products e.g., mortgages, becoming a specialist in an area e.g., complaints, or continuing in a service role.
Requirements and prospects:
- Communication skills
- IT skills
- Customer care skills
- Problem solving skills
- Administrative skills
- Analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Many apprentices are offered personal banker roles once they complete their apprenticeship depending on their performance.
- There are many development opportunities within the Bank, all employees are eligible to apply for other roles within the Bank (any department) after 1 year of employment in their current role.
- GCSE or equivalent Maths and English (Grade Grade A-C/8-4) Essential.
- Once you’ve found a role you’re interested in, simply click the apply button and fill out the form
- One of our team will then be in touch to talk to you a bit more about your aspirations and what happens next
- If you want to be really proactive, you can also email us your CV here quoting the role you’re interested in
You can read more about the candidate journey and register for job alerts here.