Supporting Financial Advisers in the provision of Advice to clients, by updating client files and providing timely portfolio summaries with information details for client meetings.
Key responsibilities include:
To provide excellent customer service through delivering the schuh customer service values. Maintain high standards of presentation & display and efficiently handle stock, cash and administration.
CUSTOMER SERVICE & SALES
• Deliver service that meets our customers’ individual needs & always exceeds their expectations.
Show personality & choose the right attitude in order to deliver unrivalled service.
• Care & respect customers & your colleagues at all times.
• Acknowledge & greet customers and be aware of them at all times
• Welcome customer interruptions, listen to what every customer wants and always be happy to help.
• Move fast & react quickly to customer needs including telephone queries.
• Politely deal with customer complaints and make customer led decisions to help to find the right solution.
• Acquire a sound knowledge of the product range including features & benefits. Show the customers what you know.
• Always offer alternatives when the customer’s first choice is not available and promote
complimentary or additional items.
• Positively promote the Company’s customer order service remembering that we want to make the sale.
MERCHANDISING & DISPLAY MERCHANDISING & DISPLAY
• Acquire a sound knowledge of store layout and merchandising techniques.
• Merchandise and present products on all types of fixture considering Company guidelines and best use of ticketing and graphics.
• Ensure all display products are priced correctly, kept clean, tidy and replenished at all times.
CASH HANDLING & ADMINISTRATION
• Use the till and understand Company procedures for accepting all types of payment and all necessary administration.
• Understand the correct method for processing refunds and exchanges in accordance with the Company refund policy.
STOCK MANAGEMENT STOCK MANAGEMENT MANAGEMENT
• Receive, unpack, check and put away stock deliveries quickly.
• Carry out stock counts and implement price changes quickly and accurately.
• Organise the transfer of stock to other locations, completing the correct paperwork/admin.
• Ensure all stock is stored properly & safely and stockrooms are kept clean & tidy.
• Take action to observe security procedures and minimise stock loss.
COMMERCIAL AWARENESS COMMERCIAL AWARENESS
• Know the store sales plans & other key targets.
• Make suggestions to improve store performance.
• Be aware of best and worst selling lines and give feedback on product.
• Know the competition.
• Understand and comply with the Company’s Health & Safety policy and procedures.
• Understand and comply with all other company policies including Dignity at Work & Social Media policies.
• Carry out further duties as required by Store Management.
What will I learn?
L3 Sales Adviser Apprenticeship
Along with gaining experience in the retail sector you will be working towards your Modern apprenticeship to achieve your level 3 in retail. This qualification covers areas such as health and safety, teamwork, customer service and sales. There are a wise range of optional units reflecting the diversity of this sector and multi-channel nature of the modern retail business.
Requirements and prospects:
Desired skills and Personal qualities:
For this position you must have good communication skills, confident in working both in a team and individually, be reliable, have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and willing to learn
GCSE or equivalent Maths and English (Grade C/3 or above) Essential
- Once you’ve found a role you’re interested in, simply click the apply button and fill out the form
- One of our team will then be in touch to talk to you a bit more about your aspirations and what happens next
- If you want to be really proactive, you can also email us your CV here quoting the role you’re interested in
You can read more about the candidate journey and register for job alerts here.