We recently sat down with Nicole, a Level 3 Business Administration apprentice who works at Babington’s HO, to find out how she’s finding her apprenticeship experience so far!
We have a great opportunity to provide administrative support that is required by firms to provide an efficient, high quality and compliant service to their clients. The Financial Administrator standard responds to this demand whilst also providing an ideal entry point for a career in the sector.
Key responsibilities include:
Liaising with advisors to assist them in progressing processes to help meet client’s financial advice requirements, including:
- Gathering client data and creating letters to those clients and their financial product providers
- Contacting clients and product providers to obtain information on clients’ financial products such as mortgages, investments and pensions.
- Creating and maintaining client’s compliance folders, adding relevant documents from each interaction between the advisor and their client.
- Arranging meetings between advisors and their clients , using diary management tools and calendars.
- Data gathering from various product provider websites and compiling review word documents and spreadsheets to assist the advisor in preparing for client financial review meetings.
- Making applications to product providers and liaising with those providers to help expedite new business.
- Data entry and general use of the firm’s Customer Relationship Management application (CRM) including the progression of regular tasks allocated by the advisors.
- The firm has developed systems and controls to assist the candidate in progressing client transactions. A good work ethic, ability to work as part of the team and self-sufficiently and willingness to learn is required.
L3 Financial Administration Apprenticeship
- This is an 18 months programme in total, incorporating 15 months on programme learning and 3 months for End Point Assessment. There is a technical qualification attached to this standard which is comprises of CF1 and LP2. These will be delivered every month via the learner’s trainer; all examinations need to be passed prior to being able to go through Gateway to complete the End Point Assessment.
- Once the learner passes through Gateway to complete the End Point Assessment the learner will complete a panel interview/viva and this will be a supported by their trainer with a portfolio of evidence and project.
Requirements and prospects
- Communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Team working
- Quality service delivery
- Planning & prioritising
- Using systems & processes
- Financial Services market
- Regulatory & compliance
- Honesty and Integrity
- Personal commitment
- This is an entry level role which provides the foundation knowledge skills & experience for progression into a number of career paths including Senior Administrator and Paraplanner.
- GCSE or equivalent Maths and English (Grade C/4 or above) Essential
- Once you’ve found a role you’re interested in, simply click the apply button and fill out the form
- One of our team will then be in touch to talk to you a bit more about your aspirations and what happens next
- If you want to be really proactive, you can also email us your CV here quoting the role you’re interested in
You can read more about the candidate journey and register for job alerts here.