The Finance Apprentice will be provided with the help and support to undertake Assistant Accountant Apprenticeship Certificate with an AAT Level 3 Advanced Diploma in Accounting. They will develop their skills throughout the role and through this they will be able to gain more exposure to more areas of the Finance Function as they progress
The core responsibilities for this role are:
- Supporting revenue recognition and reporting in accordance with WPP Policies and IFRS
- Obtaining evidence for month end revenue recognition and filing in job folders
- Ensuring Inter-Office Agreements are filed in project folders
- Working with Client services and Commercial partners to assist with Job creation and project management.
- Billing of clients and intercompany counterparts timely and uploading invoices to client portals
- Document and seek approval for any credit notes, revenue reversals or write offs in line with company policy
- Supporting with internal/external and client audits as required
- Supporting with AP queries from vendors or staff
- Support in the set-up of new clients or vendors
- Working with Financeplus to deal with any queries
- Other adhoc duties as required
What I will learn:
Assistant Accounts Level 3
As well as ensuring full competency as an Assistant Accountant, this standard provides the foundation for progression into a number of career paths in the Accounting sector including Audit Trainee, Corporate Recovery Analyst, Credit Controller or Tax Accountant.