An exciting opportunity to start a Data Technician Apprentice with Future Nation. Throughout the apprenticeship you will be assigned a project with one of our partner organisations where you will receive real workplace experience with companies of varying sizes, cultures and business sectors. Great career progression opportunities!
Key responsibilities include:
This will be a hybrid role of some days in the office and some working from home.
Throughout the apprenticeship you will be working alongside industry professionals and you will learn how to do the following:
(Don’t worry if you don’t understand all of this right now, we will support you and teach you throughout the apprenticeship).
- To consult with business stakeholders and clients, gathering data and understanding MI and reporting requirements to be able to create value from data
- To clearly communicate technical information to audiences with technical and non-technical backgrounds
- Consult with our customers to implement BI (or similar) as a service to transform business processes
- To source data to provide BI and MI reporting for a vast customer base
- To store, manage and share data securely in a compliant manner
- To translate business requirements into successful reports, dashboards and alerts that meet the business needs identified and which can be reviewed by others for further analysis
- To generate, edit and support datasets, reports, tables, charts, graphs and dashboards
- To blend data from different sources and explore its relevance for customers
- To analyse simple and complex structured and unstructured data to support business outcomes using basic statistical methods to analyse the data
- Be part of an Agile team
- To validate results of analysis using various techniques (eg. Cross checking) to carry out troubleshooting, to identify faults and ensure data quality
- To assist with the monitoring and maintenance of internal KPIs
- To comply with the company’s Information Security Management System (ISMS) and all relevant policies to ensure that information security is maintained at all times
- When required work with the Sales team to create ‘Proof of Concepts’ (POC’s) for prospective BI customers
- To practise continuous self-learning to keep up to date with technological developments to enhance relevant skills and take responsibility for own professional development
What will I learn?
- Data Technician Level 3
- Remote delivery
- 18-month duration with 15 months of the learning period and 3 months end point assessment with an external provider
- Level 2 Maths and English functional skills if required
Requirements and prospects:
Desired skills and Personal qualities:
Communication skills, IT skills, Customer care skills, Eager to learn
GCSE or equivalent Maths & English (Grade C/4) Essential
- Potential opportunity to progress to a Level 4 and to work with a broader range of employers.
Things to consider:
Flexi-job apprenticeship allowing you the opportunity to earn while you learn, with the added experience of working with different employers. When you have achieved your Level 3, there may be the opportunity to progress to a Level 4 apprenticeship. The first placement will be for Babington and you will be working remotely. Subsequent placements are likely to be in the East or West Midlands and may involve hybrid working.
- Once you’ve found a role you’re interested in, simply click the apply button and fill out the form
- One of our team will then be in touch to talk to you a bit more about your aspirations and what happens next
- If you want to be really proactive, you can also email us your CV here quoting the role you’re interested in
You can read more about the candidate journey and register for job alerts here.