Financial Services Admin Level 3
- The apprenticeship will typically take 12 – 18 months to complete
- Individual employers will set the selection criteria for their Apprenticeships. Most candidates will have Level 2 Maths and English, ideally as part of 5 GCSE A-C grades. Other relevant or prior experience may also be considered as an alternative. Employers who recruit candidates without English or Maths at Grade C or above must ensure that the candidate achieves this standard prior to the completion of the Apprenticeship.
- This is an entry level role which provides the foundation knowledge skills & experience for progression into a number of career paths including Senior Administrator, Paraplanner, Financial Adviser or Mortgage Adviser.
Professional qualifications within this apprenticeship are listed below – one of:
- UK financial services, regulation & ethics (CF1) – Chartered Insurance Institute (CII) UK financial regulation (UKFR) – The London Institute of Banking & Finance (LIBF) – Financial Services regulation and Ethics – Chartered Bankers Institute (CB)
- Introduction to Securities and Investment; UK financial regulation; Administration of settlements and investments – Chartered Institute for Securities and Investments (CISI)
- In addition, the role may require completion of an exam specific to the line of business worked in eg Life, Pensions, General Insurance, Investments, Long Term Care. These are typically provided by the CII, LIBF and CISI.
- Alternatively, where employers feel that there is evidence of higher academic aptitude, the apprentice could opt for a more demanding higher-level qualification that would enable fast-tracking through the progression routes available on completion of this apprenticeship.
- Financial services, regulation and ethics (RO1) – CII Financial services, regulation and ethics (FSRE) The London Institute of Banking & Finance (LIBF).
Link to professional registration:
- This apprenticeship provides the first step on the pathway to professional membership of the Chartered Insurance Institute, The London Institute of Banking & Finance (LIBF) , Chartered Institute of Securities and Investment.
Requirements and prospects:
Desired skills and Personal qualities:
Attention to detail
Customer care skills
Problem solving skills
- Apprentice to Administrator to Officer
Things to consider:
- Social Events
- Monthly Annual Bonus Scheme
- Once you’ve found a role you’re interested in, simply click the apply button and fill out the form
- One of our team will then be in touch to talk to you a bit more about your aspirations and what happens next
- If you want to be really proactive, you can also email us your CV here quoting the role you’re interested in
You can read more about the candidate journey and register for job alerts here.