What will I learn?
Financial services administrator Lvl 3
- This is an entry level role which provides the foundation knowledge skills & experience for progression into a number of career paths including Senior Administrator, Paraplanner, Financial Adviser or Mortgage Adviser.
Professional qualifications within this apprenticeship are listed below – one of:
- UK financial services, regulation & ethics (CF1) – Chartered Insurance Institute (CII) UK financial regulation (UKFR) – The London Institute of Banking & Finance (LIBF) – Financial Services regulation and Ethics – Chartered Bankers Institute (CB)
- Introduction to Securities and Investment; UK financial regulation; Administration of settlements and investments – Chartered Institute for Securities and Investments (CISI)
- In addition, the role may require completion of an exam specific to the line of business worked in eg Life, Pensions, General Insurance, Investments, Long Term Care. These are typically provided by the CII, LIBF and CISI.
- Alternatively, where employers feel that there is evidence of higher academic aptitude, the apprentice could opt for a more demanding higher level qualification that would enable fast tracking through the progression routes available on completion of this apprenticeship.
- Financial services, regulation and ethics (RO1) – CII Financial services, regulation and ethics (FSRE) The London Institute of Banking & Finance (LIBF).
Link to professional registration
- This apprenticeship provides the first step on the pathway to professional membership of the Chartered Insurance Institute, The London Institute of Banking & Finance (LIBF) , Chartered Institute of Securities and Investment.