At Dutton FM we aim to provide a tailored, bespoke facilities management service, which is specifically suited to the needs of our individual clients. Employees are trained to be as sustainable as possible in their areas of the business.
Key responsibilities include:
Working in a Facilities management environment as a career choice offers many opportunities and an interesting and diverse working life where no two days are ever the same. It is challenging, interesting and has a vital importance to the functionality of many businesses.
The role will include various property management duties with the aim to develop and have more responsibility during your apprenticeship. The role will include some of the following areas:
- Administering minor works
- Administering routine maintenance contracts
- Administering various H&S reports across the portfolio
- Obtaining quotations from contractors and quotes for clients
- Instructing and liaising with contractors
- Actioning works and reporting on the findings of reactive and planned maintenance
- Attending meetings as required
- Handling insurance claims
- Answering the phone with strong customer service
- Deal with property owners, lettings managers and tenants’ queries verbally and in written form
- Updating the company knowledge-based systems
- Preparing quotes
What will I learn?
- Typically 18-24 months to achieve housing and property management Level 3.
- Employers will identify any relevant entry requirements through selection
- Apprentices without Level 2 English and maths will need to achieve this level prior to completion of their Apprenticeship
Professional body alignment and progression:
On completion of the apprenticeship, apprentices will be able to apply to the following for membership:
- Chartered Institute of Housing (CIH) at Member level.
- ARLA Propertymark at Member grade.
- Institute of Residential Property Management (IRPM) at Associate Level.
- Apprentices will be able to progress to managerial and/or professional roles within the housing sector.
Requirements and prospects:
Desired skills and Personal qualities:
- Full time job on completion of the apprenticeship
- Once you’ve found a role you’re interested in, simply click the apply button and fill out the form
- One of our team will then be in touch to talk to you a bit more about your aspirations and what happens next
- If you want to be really proactive, you can also email us your CV here quoting the role you’re interested in
You can read more about the candidate journey and register for job alerts here.